Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

2 hours and 40 minutes

When ever you get a new toy it takes some time to figure it out. From finding the on / off switch to the  different sounds. Recently, my landlord got a new washing machine and one load of wash took 2 hours and 40 minutes. I am not sure of all the bells and whistles but for the most part it cleans clothes which is what a washing machine is suppose to do.

All the while I was incredibly annoyed with the thought 2 hours and 40 minutes to complete one load of laundry? How in the world is that efficient? Why would that be an effective machine then I remembered I live in California where immediate satisfaction is something that we take for granted. If we have to wait for anything it better be a bridge because that only is taking us 20 years to make. I never would tolerate an "artisianal shot of espresso mixed with warmed milk and chocolate syrup" take more than three minutes I mean really that is a long time to wait to burn ones mouth.

So you can only imagine my frustration when I call up one package delivery service as to why a package was sent overnight locally and it didn't magically appear at the designated destination by the 10:30AM time. What was worse when I did speak to someone at the local hub the excuse was less than well...I will let you judge " The building is four stories tall and there is conveyor belts and it could of fallen off one of the belts or gotten stuck inbetween " Yes, that is what I was told in essence "blame the machine that makes us more efficient and prevents us from hiring more workers to do a mundane job" Somehow, somewhere I imagine someone is filling out a job application in hopes of having said mundane job.

Thus I am totally going to post job search info that was in the newspaper today. Yes, this not the best time of year to be out of work but the reality is there are a lot of people out of work ...

Be nice is a good start : Getting Hired: Always be nice to people during your job search - San Jose Mercury News http://www.mercurynews.com/personal-finance/ci_22141161/getting-hired-always-be-nice-people-during-your

Develop those contacts http://www.mercurynews.com/personal-finance/ci_22069423/getting-hired-holidays-are-good-time-develop-contacts

By the way these were written by a syndicate columnist Marvin Walberg who has been doing these since 1991...cool check him out here http://marvin-walberg.com/

See you next weekend :)
Post a Comment