Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flu this?

There is a really bad flu going around and you would think because I ride public transit that I would have some green goo running out of my orifices but alas so far so good. I wonder why am I so lucky to have missed the flu for so long because in my office the flu is pretty rampant. Then I thought about it I take a TON of vitamin C from juice to fruit I am all about the vitamin C and don't forget walking and cleansing.

Yes, at the first sign of flu I do what I have to and get a new toothbrush then I change my pillow cases and sheets. I wash my clothes in extra warm water and drink a ton of tea. Then I found that I also get Vitamin B along with some Cinnamon too.

Sleep seriously getting a full good night sleep is awesome and Sleep Remedy totally works for me.

Next, I do stock up on some serious soups and if I am ever to tread in the kitchen again I would love to make my favorite chicken soup with fresh vegetables and herbs including a cilantro with egg noodles or even orzo pasta so you get more chicken than pasta.

Maybe it can help you just follow below and yes I open a few cans :) ( you may want to invite others too )

24 Qt Pot 
2 Whole Cooked Chickens ( whole foods )
1lb Orzo Pasta 
2 16oz frozen veggie mix (brocolli is great mix )
3 Celery Stalks chopped
1 bunch of radishes chopped ( trust me on this its good )
1 yellow onion chopped
2 T of Italian Herb mix
1 T Cilantro chopped
3 Carrots chopped.
3 cans of Chicken Noodle soup your choice
(by the way it can be 3 different cans of soup too )
2 cups of water
4 cups of White Wine or substitute 2 cups of Vegetable broth

First off the Orzo pasta will go in the last 10 minutes so its nice and al dente. Pour in the 3 cans of Chicken Noodle soup ( by the way if you are vegan the base could be tomato soup but that is for a later post :)
Next your carrots, radishes and onions can join in after a nice boil has been reached. Turn down the temperature and simmer for a good 15 minutes. Next add in your two cups of water and 4 cups of wine ( btw way this is the adult version if you have children be sure to cook off the alcohol with a solid boil of about 10 minutes though your carrots will get soggy ) Now add 1 T of the Herb mix and the 2 bags of frozen veggie mix . Your two whole cooked chickens start to pull apart and add to the soup ( by now your kitchen smells great ) then add the Celery and 1 T of Cilantro let simmer for a good 10 minutes before adding the orzo pasta cook for another 10 - 15 minutes. Add a treat to the soup and put a little Cilantro in the bowl before serving its a nice touch.

The radishes actually become very sweet along with the onion so the seasoning mellows and the cilantro is a nice back of your mouth kick.
Post a Comment