Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane...

Apparently, I am going to be going on a trip to the beautiful city of Las Vegas to which I say...ok.

I haven't  ventured past Paso Robles or Sacramento or SF for over a year. I think this is how hermits start.

Granted I have grandiose visions of going to Hawaii but I am staying closer to the continental 48 states and really not leaving California because Why?

There was snow on the hills this week that was enough for me.

I am thinking seriously of going to Reno which is closer and well...I am still thinking about it.

While I do have some time in Sin City I am contemplating what to do. Really...I could just stay in my room.

Oh yes, there will be a Buffet and a Cirque Du Soleil Show but over all ..meh.

I wish I was more excited but I think that is part of the hermittis ...maybe I can find a good wine bar.

Just in case you are going to Las Vegas too here are some things you can do there...

Free Alternative Fitness Class sound fun...well check it out
Shine Alternative Fitness will celebrate its first year of business with a day of free classes on Feb. 27. In addition to the free classes, which include, anti-gravity yoga, ariel silks, and pole fitness, the event will also include instructor meet-and-greets and equipment demonstrations, concluding with a cocktail mixer at 9 p.m.

From Shine Alternative Fitness: 

To commemorate the anniversary celebration, the alternative fitness studio will offer exclusive 90-day membership packages, available for purchase from Thursday, Feb. 21, through Thursday, Feb. 28. Students who purchase the $30 Silver Membership will be treated to a 20% discount on all general and specialty class purchases and will receive one complimentary guest pass per month. 

For $50, guests can enroll in Shine's Gold Membership which offers a 40% discount on general and specialty class purchases, Aerial Silk Workshop class enrollment for $25, aerial and pole freelance workout space priced at $10 per day, and two guest passes per month.

Las Vegas' premier alternative fitness destination delivers a fun and accessible workout regimen with a core focus on the natural gifts and abilities of the human body for people of all ages and skill levels. Credited as offering "Best-Off-The-Wall-­Workouts" in 2011, by the Las Vegas Weekly, Shine offers an array of exclusive specialty classes including AntiGravity® Yoga, pole fitness, aerial and Gyrotonic®. Fitness enthusiasts can jump-start a healthy workout regimen with any one of Shine's energetic courses such as Zumba, Ballet, Hip-Hop and Xtreme Boxing.  With an impressive instructor roster that includes past and present Cirque du Soleil performers and top industry champions, Shine Alternative Fitness provides a Cirque-inspired fitness experience for guests of all ages daily.

Another Free Event is with Purina...so you know I am going to the dogs! 


Athletic dogs from around the country will make their way to the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas to compete in the Purina Pro Plan Incredible Dog Challenge. This premier canine sporting event features dogs competing in a variety of "Olympic-style" events, including high-flying disc routines, head to-head weave pole racing, large and small dog agility courses, Jack Russell hurdle racing and the crowd favorite - dog diving - where dogs take a running leap off of a 40-foot dock into a 19,000-gallon pool of water. 

Local dogs have the opportunity to qualify on Friday, March 1, for both the dog diving and freestyle flying disc competitions. To learn more about the event, please visit http://www.barknetwork.c…
Owners can train their dogs to perform these incredible athletics themselves, using the new Purina® Pro Plan® P5® app. The app is part of the Purina® Pro Plan® SPORT product portfolio launch, which offers three formulas to fuel athletic dogs based on activity level. More information is available 



Did I tell you I wanted to get a hair cut...well its better than pulling my hair out !

Ri Ra inside the Shoppes at Mandalay Place will host its second annual head-shaving event to raise money for St. Baldrick's Foundation. Registered participants will take the plunge and start shaving off their locks at 1 p.m. to raise money to fight childhood cancer. Last year the event raised over $27,000; this year, the goal is $35,000. 


I bet you thought I was going to post wine events didn't you...ha ! I got something up my sleeve :) 




Post a Comment