Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

why I don't take pictures of my clothes to share with you...

or why GOOP gets so much hate 

I feel I should comment or give my two cents on the whole Gwyn Paltrow bruhahaha because its really ten cents of comments on sale Plus if I actually have to comment on the whole Sheryl Sandberg Lean In deal well...let's just say don't lean in too far or else someone will get you in the behind so to speak. 

Back to Gwyn ( and yes I am on first name basis with her ) first off who doesn't love a new outfit that looks completely ridiculous I swear I have a Worthington coat and dress that I will really probably never wear together ever...never ever ...it just screams '1989! but I do love the individual pieces and I still haven't parted with them to this day and these are like 10 years old. I think Gwyn was harking back to her youth when she was able to sustain herself on cigarettes and Diet Coke when she paired loafers with shorts ...seriously what is she 6? 

Next Gwyn wrote a cookbook ..yes Gwyn wrote a cookbook while her Editor actually typed it and put ink to paper Gwyn was in the room somewhere when the whole process took place. Yes, substaining yourself on leafy greens is important just make sure all the pine needles have been properly soaked first. I think she actually thought up the cookbook out of response to Nutrition Insecurity just read it for yourself

"A critical component to a healthy life is nutrition. From birth, the intake of vital nutrients is essential to the growth and development of a healthy individual. Good nutrition, particularly in the first three years of life, is important in establishing and maintaining a good foundation that has implications on a child’s future physical and mental health, academic achievement, and economic productivity. Unfortunately, food insecurity is an obstacle that threatens that critical foundation.

In the United States, more than one out of five children lives in a household with food insecurity, which means they do not always know where they will find their next meal. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 16.7 million children under 18 in the United States live in this condition – unable to consistently access nutritious and adequate amounts of food necessary for a healthy life. In 2009, the top five states with the highest rate of food insecure children under 18 are the District of Columbia, Oregon, Arizona, Arkansas, & Texas. 20% or more of the child population in 40 states and D.C. lived in food insecure households in 2009." 

Could you Imagine the worry this causes Quwyn ? Really I mean she makes what $400 an hour singing a cover song on Glee and really not that well but she still gets paid...there are children who are insecure about a bag of cauliflower..CAULIFLOWER...

Finally, let's talk about her lifestyle ... she named her children Apple and Moses ...thank god she didn't have a 3rd child ...could you imagine that poor kid having to go around with a name as plain as Eve? or Evan? I can't and neither can she so just be thankful we don't have to live with her too. 

Now we all can't be obnoxious and good hearted as the 1% of people who actually buy Guinne's book or subscribe to her lifestyle but the rest of us are just that ...the rest left behind so think about how much Goop is giving up so that you can have more...she is basically solving all the problems we have ..daily....by simply proving that I am perfectly normal not to take a picture of what I am wearing THIS MINUTE ( let's just say ...NO ) 

****Yes I do get GOOP and yes I did download the cookbook and YES I would like to have a great body but all in all I read dlisted so I won't be so jealous after all. 

Post a Comment