Jacob’s Heart exists to improve the quality of life for children with cancer and support their families in the challenges they face. Since 1998, we have served more than 500 families who have heard the devastating words, “your child has cancer.” Through the years we have celebrated remission for hundreds of children, and have grieved with families at the loss of a precious child.
Through it all, we remain steadfast in our mission; our reason for existence, an unwavering dedication to providing support to parents and families of children with cancer in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and South Santa Clara Counties.
Our core values and beliefs:
- Every child going through cancer treatment needs a strong and supported family able to hold their hand and be part of the care-giving team.
- When a child is diagnosed with cancer the entire family is in need support regardless of socioeconomic status.
- Every child’s life is precious and each child’s dignity must remain intact throughout treatment.
- Because of these beliefs, we make every attempt to tailor our services to each family’s unique needs.
Our Services Include:
- Bilingual counseling and family support
- Art from the Heart – heART on Wheels
- Community education about pediatric cancer
- Direct financial assistance for families facing financial hardships
- Celebrations of milestones