Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

The Soapbox

Here on the super information highway its hard to stand out and be heard.
I am actually considering hiring a publicist and an editor for the last year of my blog but, common sense prevailed.

Why would I hire someone to promote my blog that is essentially on its last legs?
You see this blog is my first soapbox that I got on the internet and while I adore it and honestly find a lot of humor in it I should direct my attention to making my other blogs flourish.

That brings me to my secondary problem ...the editorial calendar I am actually really proud of my "plans" but the reality is just like everytime I act surprised when my menstrual cycle starts ....I am really not surprised because its own calendar so the joyous reaffirmation that I am not pregnant by celestial beings is a bit overkill.

I actually ended this blog for 2012  then started it back up in 2013 but even in 2009 I flirted with pulling the umbilical cord. Though every time I did return I had more enthusiasm than a kid at a donut store.

The worse part is that there are professional writers whom have agents and publicist already and then the writers go and call themselves bloggers and its a pain to bother myself to compete with that.

Worse, there were ...ghost writers ! Yes, today Ghosting is how you leave a party but apparently I can earn a lot of cash if I write 500 word posts and let someone put their name on it.

So yes, getting an editor and a publicist is great ...do you know any that will work for bacon?

So trudge on and know that my typing away at the keyboard for alien overlords to avoid earth for a bit longer is like vitamins good for you but a bit overpriced.


Post a Comment