Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

kickstarter repeats

**** Repeat post from when I gave money away to Kickstarter projects ...the potato salad one killed me though ..I just couldn't do it anymore ...so here is from 2013 a repeat ****

Monday, July 15, 2013

Why Kickstarter? You have to ask?

A few years ago at one of my workplaces an endeavor to give back to the community started. Now I am really honestly one person who knows too much about community giving since I was volunteering with One Brick way back in 2004 in a vain effort to get a date. Then in 2006 I volunteered for San Francisco AIDS Walk something like 300 hours then in 2007 I tried to do 500 hours in 2008 and run for City Council well, we all know how that went but I really never stopped volunteering whether its cleaning up a beach or walking 6.5 miles to fight a disease I probably know about.

This year I wanted to make a very real investment so I joined Kickstarter. First off, if you do look back in some of my posts you will see requests to donate to valuable and worthy causes even when I was on unemployment income I still gave. At the end of the year I get about 4 to 10 letters or emails of Thanks for the donations I make throughout the year.

Yet, you can't "see" it or more to the fact I can not see the change I made. Thus I added Kickstarter and for the same amount I donate I can support great projects.

Do all the projects come to fruition ? Do all the campaigns succeed ? Do I make a difference?

Maybe, No, Yes.
Post a Comment