Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Kick It! New Shoes

I recently got a couple new shoes hopefully will last longer than my socks.


Grey is this seasons / year color. I found a pair of off grey Vera Wang pointed toe booties and then the Life Stride extra wide calf boots in lite grey.

The only problem is that these are new...new as in my heels have blistered more than the raindeer in training.
So I learned a few tips and tricks along the way ...

One I know is to get to know your local cobbler and dry cleaner. The cobbler will have a few shapers available for less than $5 and he'll even "widen" the shoes for you.

Next, my dry cleaner has a shoe cleaning service which can also "heat up the shoes" for you. Mine takes a few weeks so you might want to grab some lambswool  for your toes or Dr. Scholl's for your heals.

Admittedly, I didn't follow all the steps and had to learn the hard way ...I thought I had broken my foot but, lo and behold ..foot is okay and my heels well those are getting better too.




Post a Comment