Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Work It! Unemployment hoops and jumps

Going on Unemployment is something I will avoid with an absolute passion. Whenever I have left the workforce I have waited a set amount of time before going online and filling out the form to receive Unemployment Benefits.

Q: Why?
A: A deep set belief that I could do anything I wanted. Granted, my father told me this when I was 6 but, it stuck.

Q: When do you sign up?
A: Usually 10 to 14 days after my last check and that is after I have hit the payment looking for a job and receiving less than warranted response.

Q: What do you do when you find a job?
A: I report it happily! The last few times I have been on UI I was quick to get a new job within the prescribed time. I seriously throw the bowl of spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. Some may say I panic but, its more thought out...one must cook the spaghetti.

Q: What happens if you do not find a job?
A: I enlist all the available resources from USAJobs to headhunters. Nothing is left untouched including moving out of state.

Q: Why are you telling us this ?
A: Simply the fact is going on UI is not hard and the process is consistently easy across multiple platforms. The only person who makes the process hard is yourself and trust me I even nash my own teeth filling out the forms.

Q: My claim got denied and there is no one to talk to
A: Well pardon my BSG that is a lot of Frak. You need to go to the UI office and calmly ( trust me I know this hard ) and work thru it. Have you expired all your benefits? Have you tried all the different options?

Going on UI 'feels' like you are giving up but in reality you are 'giving' yourself a better option to find a job quickly and you will.

Sincerely, ...

**** if you have any questions please contact EDD directly I am not a representative for EDD nor am I affliated with them****
Post a Comment