Locally there is an organization working on the homelessness that I ask you donate to because I have actually seen the difference..and not just where I walk either.
Values. History. Staff.
Downtown Streets Team is ending homelessness by restoring the dignity and rebuilding the lives of unhoused men and women.
Founded in 2005, Downtown Streets Team is now beautifying five Bay Area communities: Palo Alto, San Jose, Sunnyvale, San Rafael and San Francisco, with a sixth on the way. We now serve over 500 unhoused men and women a year with over 40 staff members and growing. Our goal is to end homelessness in our lifetime: one community at a time.
Downtown Streets Team is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our Tax ID is 20-5242330.
View our Annual Reports: 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- People are our biggest asset
- B.A.M.N! (by any means necessary!)
- Don't make an appointment for something you can do now
- Every success is a celebration
- Fail fast and often
- Challenge complacency
- Everyone is a utility player
- Value passion over paper
- Personalize, don't generalize
- Keep your eye on the prize (play chess, not checkers)
- Culture is a shared responsibility
- Promise effort, not results
- Personal development never ends
- Team Member is a proper noun
- Share the solution, not the problem
- It always seems impossible until it's done
- Teamwork makes the dream work