Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Christmas In July : Volunteering ...

I have mentioned nearly 30 times on this blog about OneBrick

I readily admit I am a fan of theirs.

I do not want to repeat myself over and over here about the great opportunity you can have and learn from by volunteering.

So, why does it seem so hard for others to actually volunteer. I had to recruit volunteers a couple of times but my recent experience was unique. There were people whom wanted to volunteer out of educational need. There was people who thought volunteering would help them get to know an organization or even about a job. Then there were people whom volunteered and well ...they probably shouldn't put volunteering on their resume.

Honestly, I can appreciate people being hesitant to volunteer the mere act does make one vulnerable to experiences and sometimes a little more than boring tasks.

So here is a link and snippet from WikiHow ...the 11 Steps How to Volunteer 


Consider why you want to volunteer. Do you want to help the world or your community? Do you want to build your own skills, make new friends, and learn? Do youlove what you do? Do you want to share your gifts with others or give something back? Examining these sorts of questions can help you to choose the right direction for your volunteer work.


Post a Comment