Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I took a shower ..why not?

Giving $5 is not a lot of money to some people but to some its all they have. You see when I was running for office in 2008 I got a check for $10 from a nice woman. A woman who was as old as my mother when she passed.

I looked at the check and put it down.

Then I cried.

I cried because I knew what $10 meant to the woman. It was a tank of gas, it was a shopping stop at the grocery store for pet food and maybe her favorite tv dinner ( that she would share with said pet), it was a haircut or it was a contribution to the local church fund.

Once I stopped crying I pulled up a piece of paper and wrote her a Thank you card telling her how much I appreciate her time, effort and support for my political campaign. Then I tucked her check in the card and wrote save the $10 for a rainy day.

Its why I am asking only for Five Dollars ($5) for my efforts to walk on October 8th here in San Jose I know how limited we are in all we can do under somewhat relentless unforgiving circumstances of our own mortality.

So please donate to end alzheimers today here is the link to my page http://act.alz.org/site/TR?pg=personal&px=12221477&fr_id=8856


Post a Comment