One place I have looked at repeatedly is Sacramento, CA.
So here is an example of what I found recently.
Here is one job with Premier Healthcare Services for $15/hourly ( i copied it below too)
Here is an ad for an apartment for $1150 ( i copied it below)
Now here is the really dry stuff ...
80 hrs x 15.00 equals $1200 gross tax single person claiming 1 is about 20% so they take home $936 every two weeks.
Their monthly net income is $1872.
Now their rent is $1150 we hope so each paycheck they have to take out at least $625 to pay for rent and utilities.
That leaves them with ....$311 to spare.
Let's have this person take public transit so $110.00 they have to purchase either with one check or the other leaving one check with just $201 dollars.
Now even I can shop with the best of them so the average Grocery Outlet bill just a bit over $40 ...leaving with just $161. till the next pay day. Remember that is just 10 business days away.
Let's say there is one night to go out ..dinner for two $55 now $106 dollars.
what about savings let's put 10% in $32 so $74 remain not a lot but a little in the bank is better.
Unless they have a pet. That $74 is spent on food and flea protection alone and its not a big bag of pet food.
If they have a car and an average commute of 15 miles that remaining $161 dollars is spent quickly very quickly.
This is just one example and one thing I did not find...was a rental agency that did not ask for double to triple the rent income so for the $1150 the person has to earn nearly $4000 a month but as our example of the magical $15 shows the person only earns barely twice as much in gross wages not net.
Oh...healthcare agency I would hope working for a home care program they would provide health insurance otherwise that dents the budget more than the actual rent.
So when you are looking for a job ....sometimes look at the rental market first.
Home Health Office Coordinator (Sacramento, CA) hide this posting
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
compensation: $15.00 an hour, plus benefits
employment type: full-time
Premier Healthcare Services provides in home nursing care to patients throughout California. We are seeking a caring, empathetic, dedicated and passionate individual for our Home Health Office Coordinator position in Sacramento. Our success is largely based upon hiring compassionate team members who provide outstanding customer care and service.
- Performs all admission for data entry
- Assist in answering a multi-line phone system
- Inputs/tracks physician's orders, plan of care and medical records to maintain compliance
- Protects and honors patient and co-worker confidentiality
- Verifies new employee credentials and runs appropriate background screenings
- Verifies external staff timecards (weekly)
- Contacts employees regarding missing notes or discrepancies
- Resolves payroll concerns with external staff
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly
- Actively listens and always follows appropriate channels of communication.
- Reports to Homecare Manager/Clinical Director
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Accurate data entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Organized, flexible, attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to perform basic clerical functions (typing, filing, mail, etc.)
- Reliable transportation
- Familiar with HIPAA compliance & regulations
- Ability to tell Military time
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must be approved for position by local, federal and accreditation authority.
Full time: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
$15/hour + Benefits
Serious candidates are encouraged to respond via email with their cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Welcome to The Sierra Lofts located at 1200 Fulton Ave Sacramento, CA 95825
Our Phone Number show contact info
Sierra Lofts is a new luxury apartment community centrally located in the Sacramento area near fine dining and shopping. Sierra Lofts features beautiful granite counter tops, soaring ceilings, large windows, washers and dryers in each home, controlled access and alarm systems.
High Speed Internet Ready
Availability 24 Hours
Short Term Lease
Granite Countertops in Kitchen and Bath
Ceramic Tile Flooring
Twenty Foot Ceilings
Energy Efficient Floor to Ceiling Picturesque Windows and more!
Available : August 31 !
1 Bedroom 1 Bath (671 sq.ft.) $1150-1250
Sierra Lofts is a great place to live--Minutes from CSUS, Arden Mall, Loehmans Plaza & So much more!!!Contemporary living at its finest can be found at Sierra Lofts. Conveniently located next to a wide variety of restaurants. The Pavilions, Loehmans Plaza. Sierra Lofts is a community with a colorful palette of city culture, urban, hip and just-out-of-the city comforts.