My boss told me they were more concerned about when I caught the bus than I was. They were right because I knew something they didn't
- The bus runs on a schedule that I am familiar with
- There are three buses I can take from two different locations
- I can walk to catch a train
- I can walk up to 10 miles if I need to
- I can call a cab
- I can find another bus on a another system if I need to
- I can ride a bike
- I know which train takes me where and how fast
- I know if I am out late like 9pm there is Zipcar
- I am not afraid to take public transit here.
When I look at moving to another place I check out the transportation..is there public bus system and does it run at least 18 hours a day? Is it convenient?
Does the bus system run thru the metropolitan area and the urban areas ? Is there reasonable opportunities to take public transit? Does the system work regardless of weather?
Does the union or drivers have a good relationship with the community?
What is the ontime/missed run ratios ?
As you can guess I dive a little bit more than most on the whole details of a transit system.
So where ever I move to next and trust me I have to move ...its got to have a public transit system that makes sense.