Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Working It ! Signing up for Unemployment Insurance

In the past 7 years I have applied for Unemployment Insurance 3 times. The first time was when everyone was applying and the second was because I realized I had to as I waited a full 15 days before I realized that I may not get a job for the holidays. The last time I am still in the middle of and not because I did not find a job but the laborious process and me waiting 10 days to do it.

Unemployment is part of our taxes and we pay into it so we should get it ...at least in the general sense that we have paid for it, right.

Nearly 6 weeks later I had a telephone interview and if I was waiting for UI and completely in need of it there are a few things that would have happened


  • I would be homeless. Seriously Rent is due on the 1st and the fact that I didn't get notification till 10 Calendar days later and then there was the whole paper versus online. I won't bore you with that right now
  • My bank account would be closed. I would not be able to bank or cash a check because of the fact I wouldn't have any money
  • I would be about 100 lbs lighter which maybe good but the reality is that first thing to go when you become homeless is all the fat because you have to travel more and keep moving more. 
While this video is a little outdated you get the gist...apply for benefits the first day you don't have a job simply because it will take a very long time for approval ( or declination ) 


Post a Comment