Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Post A Day: Cheerleaders

Cheering section

 Do you have a mentor? Tell us about him or her. Are you a mentor to someone else? Tell us what that relationship has added to your life


Mentorship is a perilously dangerous path for me because of self-doubt. When I did reach out for a mentor I found the wrong one ( or the right one to remind me I don't need THAT kind of help ). 
I have found myself in a position of guiding others and trust me I do try very very hard to be respectful of their history and their potential future. 

Basically, I am good for a few pep talks but once you disappoint me I neatly wash my hands of you because I can't get you out of bed or to the interview or to the networking event if you do not want to go. 

Recently, I tried to do a mutual mentorship and it provided me a great insight Who needs to be mentor doesn't ask and those who want to mentor ask if they can help you. 

I do like this quote 
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Henry David Thoreau
US Transcendentalist author (1817 - 1862) 
Post a Comment