Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Book Review : Murder in Mount Holly

So I read another book and I will be honest...

I did not ....
realize I could despise a book or a story. The original was written in 1969 and well it should have never been published. 

While it the essence is a simple story I am just disappointed by the senility of ignorant people. While the characters are portrayed being ignorant in look or behavior its a dark tale to indulge unintelligent thought. 

I think Theroux was trying to copy (poorly) Arsenic and Old Lace. He adds in the desperation of the time and fear mongering that the republic echoed at the time. 

But for me while it is a SHORT story I threw the book away. Yes, I put it in the trash because his story wasn't good period coming to the obvious conclusion in a hurry. 

On to the next one...




Post a Comment